1/14/2011

Oh puh-leeze!

I apologize in advance for my rant, but I really need to get my thoughts on paper, because I'm fed up. *deep breath* Okay :)


One of my biggest pet peeves is when I talk to kids my own age and they say "life sucks". Um, excuse me? It is so sad and unfortunate that they think everyday there's school is horrible. Your youth is supposed to be some of the best days of your life! I mean think about it, why are you "waiting for your life to start". Does it like magically begin when your 18? I'm sorry but what a waste of those years. As I've said before, "The teenage years are foundational for learning life skills, and finding and developing your calling." I highly doubt God's intention in giving us the first 18 years of our lives without much responsibility, was because He thought they were useless years. There is a time for goofing off, having fun and acting young. But that doesn't mean that our young lives are pointless. We are the next generation, and shouldn't give into how society's labeled us as "immature, rebellious brats". I know that's harsh, but it's true. Why let other's define who we are and will be? Let's start now in making a difference. The world needs us. I love the Harris brother's book, "Do Hard Things". It's so true. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and your load of homework. I'm pleading with you, my fellow teens, to be inspired. You don't have to wait until your grown-up to change the world. Start now, in your homes, with your friends. God needs soldiers, and we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to take advantage of our youth, and use our prime years for Him. Please, please, please. Together let's take a stand against society's norm and prove that with God in us, we can make a difference in today and tomorrow's world.


And with that, I'm finished. lol. I'm so dramatic sometimes, but I'm very passionate about this subject. Now I feel better though :)

Hugs to all you making a difference, no matter how small, in the world. God loves us and we are not insignificant to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment